Social Icons

Pages

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Victoria's Secret Angel Anne V vows to support young models


Anne V5
Anne V
Russian supermodel Anne Vyalitsyna will ensure young models get more support than she did.
The beautiful blonde, who dated Maroon 5's Adam Levine, arrived in America at 15, with no parents and with limited use of the English language. She wants to use the experience to help others in a similar position.
"I was a young teenager and had to learn everything by myself. Looking back and going over many of the struggles I faced, I wish there were laws protecting minors and an organisation of older, more experienced models, that could have supported me and looked out for my best interests.
"I know how hard it is to make it in this business, and how even harder it is to be underage," she told Modelinia.
"I'd like to use knowledge and experience to be that support to young girls that I never received."
The Model Alliance was founded by model Sara Ziff and is a non-profit organisation focused on establishing fair labour standards for models in the United States.
"Why shouldn't fashion models have the same rights as other child performer, including maximum working hours, rest and meal breaks, provisions for chaperons, trust accounts, and educational requirements?" asks Anne.
Well known for her ongoing nine consecutive year run of appearances in the Swimsuit Issue of Sports Illustrated, Anne has an invaluable insight into the industry which could help aspiring models.
On June 12 the New York State Senate and Assembly unanimously voted to pass the proposed legislation.
"Now we're just waiting for Governor Cuomo to sign the bill into law," Anne explained.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Blogger Templates